All your new mum Haakaa favourites are now available in one great little starter pack! Our New Mum Starter Pack is the perfect way to get you started on your breastfeeding journey or as a gift for another new mummy! This pack contains:
150ml Silicone Breast Pump
Made from 100% food grade silicone, this compact pump is perfect for long-distance trips, planes, car rides, family BBQs or anywhere you would like to express quickly and discreetly. Simply suction it to your breast and let the pump do the work for you as it draws your milk using suction! It's 100% eco-friendly and is safe for mum, baby and our environment.
Breast Pump Flower Stopper (White)
This little stopper sits tightly in the neck of your breast pump and will stop any accidental spills.
Have you just washed and sterilised your pump and ready to store away for next time? Simply pop this cap over the flange of your pump and store away. Your pump will remain 100% contaminant-free and will be safe to use next time!
Disposable Breast Pads (Butterfly Shape)
Our pads are designed with a special absorbent polymer and stay-dry lining to draw milk away from the skin and into the core of the pad, keeping you and your clothing dry. Ultra-slim and lightweight, these 100% natural and disposable pads also have a contoured look to make them discreet and comfortable to wear. 36x pads per pack.
All items come packaged in a gift box.
- Express breast milk using the power of natural suction!
- 100% food grade silicone
- Easy to use and clean.
- No cords, batteries or assembly required.
- Suction base ensures your pump will not fall over and spill!
- Safe in microwaves, sterilisers and boiling water.
- Includes 1 x 150ml Silicone Breast Pump, 1x Flower Stopper, 1 x Breast Pump Dust Cap and 1 x Breast Pad Pack.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
How to Use Your Haakaa Breast Pump:
- Sterilise your pump by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the pump flange over your nipple – make sure your nipple is centred comfortably in the neck of the pump.
- Apply suction – you may need to adjust the position of your pump a couple of times. Once the pump is secure and comfortable, apply suction by squeezing the base of the pump to start the flow of milk.
- Once milk begins to flow, simply leave the pump alone to do its thing!
- When the pump is full, empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
- If the flow of milk slows or you've expressed your desired amount, simply stick the suction base to a flat surface while you finish your feeding or redress.
Tips: Encourage let-down by placing a warm flannel on top of your breast and massaging gently. While your child is feeding, attach your Haakaa pump to the other breast to catch precious milk that would otherwise be lost in a nursing pad.
Cleaning and Care:
Clean after each use. We strongly recommend cleaning and sterilising your Haakaa Breast Pump with any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes. Do not use any bleach-based agents or sterilising tablets to clean this product. Do not use UV sterilisers to clean this product as it may impact the lifespan of your pump.
Caution: Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Exposure to detergent may make the silicone in this product appear cloudy. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended use. Store product in a cool, dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Adult supervision is required.
Please note: Always consult with a medical professional regarding dietary requirements if you or your child is ill or on medication. Results may vary as each woman and her milk supply are unique.
The guidelines of health organisations should be followed at all times with regards to catching let-down/expressing and storing milk safely. We recommend following Plunket's guidelines for safe breast milk storage.
Haakaa Breast Pumps are a patented design. Patent numbers are listed below.